about  |   contact   |  join the club  
home forum photo gallery knowledgebase shop club services [login]

Main
Categories
General Articles
Buying a Scooter
Insurance and Legal
Maintenance and Tuning

What restrictions apply if I register my 49cc bike as a motorcycle? (Insurance and Legal)
With the shift in insurance rates (to be effective March 7 2007), motoscooter rates will be much closer to moped rates. Many owners of moped-class bikes are wondering what restrictions apply to regis....
comments: 0
Author: Claudio
Views: 25329
Rating: 0.00
Time: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:19 pm

Can I be ticketed for riding a moped-class bike faster than 50 km/hr? (Insurance and Legal)
[ As of August 2006 ] Yes, you can be ticketed if you do not have a class 6 (Motorcycle) license. Currently, the Winnipeg Police Service has a "action item / agenda" to pull over and spot check ....
Views: 24270
Time: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:27 am

Can you ride a moped or scooter on the sidewalk? (Insurance and Legal)
Definitely NOT! Although this seems like an obvious question, there are a lot of people who equate a moped/scooter to a bicycle and are unsure of the laws. Generally speaking, if your bike need....
Views: 20462
Time: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:32 am

Winter Storage Tips for Scooters (Maintenance and Tuning)
There are four basic areas of focus when winterizing a typical scooter: 1. The Battery 2. The Fuel System 3. The Tires 4. The Engine ------------------------------------------------------------....
Views: 20881
Time: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:40 pm

Is it illegal to modify my Scooter for Increased Speed? (Insurance and Legal)
[b:5af044dc96]Moped-Class Vehicles[/b:5af044dc96] Under the current set of laws in Manitoba, a moped-class bike is defined largely by two characteristics: 1) Engine Size < 50cc 2) Top Speed of 50....
Views: 22928
Time: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:30 am