view gallery: 7 pics
email | private msg
|Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:35 pm Post subject: Summary of MPI Rate Proposal for 2008
[Back to top]
|Below is a brief summary of the 2008 rate proposal, in relation to scooters/mopeds, that will be presented at the Public Utility Board in October.
1. A 1% Increase to the basic premium for Motorscooters 100cc or Greater
- for typical bikes, this means an increase of approximately $10
2. A 25% increase to the basic premium for mopeds and scooters under 50cc
- the increase reflects a ruling that a cap placed on previous rate proposals that sought 100-130% increases
- for typical bikes, this means an increase of approximately $20-$45 (depending largely on your insured value and discount)
While Scootering Manitoba will make a brief presentation at the opening of the hearing in the fall, we are not pursuing formal intervenor status in this year's hearing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Claudio Sousa, Club President
[ ...too many freaking bikes to list... ]